Saturday 3 June 2017

A Pollyanna view of today

Today has been a very satisfying day and like Pollyanna there is so much to be thankful for.
I didn't have to get up at 5 am today as I usually do1
I swept up the autumn leaves from the ramp so the DBEM won't slip
I did the grocery shopping
I collected the DBEM's medications from the pharmacy and purchased a new hot water bottle
I took the DBEM to the Hospice Shop to check on sales progress of her knitting -  two thirds of them sold raising around $500 so far
I went to the library -  look at the haul
I sewed a cobalt blue merino tee shirt and crossed another item off the list
I completed the hardanger runner and ironed it -  it's on the table now ( with a small teaser of the next stitching project)
I am thankful that we have a long weekend - a holiday on Monday for Queen's Birthday
And now I'm going to curl up on the sofa with my hot water bottle and read some more of my current book -  a biography of Angela Merkel.

9 comments:

Pamela said...

Great day! The runner looks wonderful.

Kristen said...

Wow Margaret, you are on fire! Congrats on the lovely finish.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I am 'caught up' on your posts, Margaret. I hope Ian Rankin lived up to your expectations; he is a favourite of mine as well. Your cross stitch is moving along and seeing the spinners must have been interesting. You are sounding very happy in this post...I know for me some library visits do provide better finds than others. What productivity! When I was in the work world, 3 day weekends were the best. Enjoy!

deb said...

Sounds like it's been a Very Good Day. The hardanger runner is beautiful! You're quite brave, I think - big projects like that make me nervous.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm glad that you've had a lovely satisfying weekend. $500 is fantastic, makes all that sewing them up worthwhile!
Lovely blue fabric colour too.
I do think it's unfair you get a day off for the Queen's Birthday and we don't!

Maggie said...

Sounds like a busy day, I love days when you get lots of things crossed off the list. The runner looks faback! Happy reading :-)

Queeniepatch said...

It is nice to wind down in the evening after such a busy and productive day.
You have not only completed that beautiful Hardanger, but also prepared the next project.

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching ..
Happy reading x

Leonore Winterer said...

What a day! Your hardanger looks lovely, and you mum will be so proud for raising that much money!