Monday 16 January 2017

A riddle

Do you ever do what I do and despite listing stitching projects add extras in without any concern for time available?
I do this constantly but usually manage to talk sensibly to myself and not get carried away.   But this time I am going to take action and with a deadline of April.   My current manager will return to her original position at the end of her secondment in April and I want to make a thank you gift for her.  She is keen on patchwork and gardening so I pondered much and finally inspiration struck.

A journal book cover with her initial in Embroidered Garden Flowers.   What a clever idea is that!

10 comments:

Pamela said...

Very clever idea! She will love it.

Unknown said...

Brilliant Margaret. I look forward to seeing it.

Queeniepatch said...

And what a kind gift that is!
I am working on an initial too, but on a greeting card. My choice of embroidery stitch is the Heavy Chain Stitch which I recently learned and LOVE!

KimM said...

Love your idea - and here's to your success with the deadline.
xxx

Kristen said...

Oh Margaret, it's going to be beautiful!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a great idea Margaret, I look forward to seeing it develop.

deb said...

Delightful idea - I'm sure it will be beautiful and she's certain to love it.

Leonore Winterer said...

That sounds lovely, I can't wait to see it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sounds like a great idea. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

What a great idea and a manageable sized project too.