Friday 15 January 2016

An Old-fashioned Scrapbook

I was too tired to watch the complete finale of Downton Abbey last night so recorded it and have indulged tonight.   The HD3QBEM has not been a follower (well she can't see it clearly anyway) but she sat quietly and knitted, keeping the necessary repairs until the end when I could assist.   I do think that Queen Elizabeth should have issued a royal decree that Lord Fellowes of West Stafford must continue the series ad infinitum.   I feel bereft now.
Anyway, back to the more prosaic normal life chez moi.
Once upon a time, long long ago, my very kind grandmother made me a scrapbook.   Each page had pictures lovingly cut by her arthritic hands, from the pages of magazines, newspapers etc.  She glued these in varying combinations and themes onto a large A3 size blank book.   I loved that book and it wore out completely.   Over the years I promised myself I would make one and full of the inspiration and energy that seems to accompany the start of a new year, I have begun!   .
This book will be made out of bits and pieces I have to hand so that the only purchase will need to be glue.  It's fun.   The actual A3 book I bought about 20 years ago so this project has been a long long time in the incubator:-)

1 comment:

cucki said...

It's so beautiful
I love it xx