Tuesday 2 December 2014

My bathroom's a mess.

Last week the HD3QBEM and I moved out of home for four nights so the tradesmen could renovate my bathroom.   Now this week we have been put out of the house for two days while they complete their task.   I am sick and tired of feeling rootless.  Tomorrow we stay home:-)   Last night the shower looked like this but today it is all completed and able to be used once again.  Hallelujah!
So today while sitting at a small sunny cove on the southern harbour, I tacked out a piece of 36 count linen for a new start.   I needed something pleasant to think about and this project is just that.
Nice that I had the linen and threads in stash too.   Less expensive and more conducive to an immediate start.   Although, saying that, I am indulging in a feast of Laurie R King's Mary Russell novels at present and my attention is diverted from stitching to books.   But first I need to go and cook dinner before I can think of either stitching or reading.  
Have a good evening.


8 comments:

Pamela said...

Beautiful new project! I love little toolie things, so I look forward to your progress.

Teresa S. said...

Love Laurie King's Mary Russell books. Haven't read any in a long while, so there are probably some new ones!

Anna van Schurman said...

I love the Mary Russell books too! Your project looks lovely. I'll look forward to following your progress once you can tear yourself away from Ms. Russell.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Ugh Finished renovations nice--the process not so much. Glad you can find comfort with your needlework.

Ann said...

Don't you love Russell and Holmes? There's a new one due out at the end of February.

Queeniepatch said...

It must be nice to be at home and able to use the new shower.
I love reading but often make use of audio books so that I can stitch at the same time.
Enjoy your new projects.

Elizabeth's quarters said...

It will be worth all the upheaval once everything is finished and you have a brand new bathroom to enjoy. Stitching is a marvelous way to lose yourself and forget about the surrounding clutter and disruption.

DebbieSFL said...

I love the Mary Russell books, too, and a new one comes out in February 2015. Did you know she has a reading group on Goodreads? And I am so impressed that you were able to whip up a Hardanger bookmark in one day....I think it would take me a week.