Sunday 16 November 2014

All that remains

I have been diligently stitching on A Sampler Chatelaine this week and all that remains on the left side are Queen Stitches.   Rather like a child who leaves the detested vegetables on his plate to be eaten last,  I have no choice now, so with music as a diversion the Queen Stitches will be completed tonight.
On a brighter note, I had a job interview this week which looks hopeful as a second interview is scheduled for next week.   So with that in mind I bought some fabric for a new blouse to wear.   After some years working in a warehouse situation, I will need to upgrade my wardrobe to 'professional office wear' if I'm successful in obtaining the position.   Fingers crossed (when not stitching).

Yesterday was Embroiderers Guild and at the meeting I stitched on an Aztec Stitch bookmark.   We had an interesting speaker talking about her trip to Machu Picchu so my concentration was not so good at times :-)   Last night while watching The Great British Bake Off I made further progress so the end is in sight.
The HD3QBEM is not so well today so I will sign off here and go keep her company.

9 comments:

Pamela said...

Hope your mom gets to feeling better quickly. Congrats on the intereviews. Machu Pichu is on my bucket list so I would have been very interested in the program. I look forward to seeing your Aztec Stitch project. I finished the bookmark after many years and think I might someday make another. The chatelaine looks great!

Marie said...

A Sampler Chatelaine looks very pretty.
Good luck with your 2nd interview!

Shebafudge said...

That's a really pretty top.

I love queen stitches but I think that I am possibly the only person in the world who does! I love the finished look of them.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Good luck with the second interview Margaret and I hope your mum feels better very soon. We're back with the usual issue with my mum so more antibiotics.

Anna van Schurman said...

Enjoy your vegetables! And good luck with the second interview.

llknbillburg said...

I will send out good thoughts for you next interview and I hope you Mom is feeling better soon. Laura

Wendy said...

You've been working hard on the chatelaine! Good luck with the second interview

valerie said...

Hope your mom feels better! Good luck to you on the job interview. I am in the same boat...trying to interview and my wardrobe has become a little too casual. I hope it all goes well.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hope the interview went well and your Mum is feeling better now.
If I have a part I don't enjoy I try to alternate between a length on that part and a length on a part I do enjoy stitching!