Friday 7 November 2014

A walk in the park

This afternoon when I returned from an hour and a half at the gym, the HD3QBEM asked if I'd like to go to Cornwall Park for a walk!   We went and enjoyed time outdoors on a beautiful warm day.
Here's a photo to prove it.   Now I am tired!
Currently I have a small hardanger needlecase almost completed, a cobalt blue summer dress almost completed and three "possible projects" from which I am choosing.   This needlecase is fun and I have stitched it so many times it too is almost a walk in the park!
I have tacked out the linen for my major project of 2015.   For many years I have carefully stored a wooden casket which has insert panels on sides, front, back and top.   The charts for this I found in the Sampler and Antique Needlework  A Year In Stitches book.  You can see a photograph of what the finished casket will look like here (scroll down about two thirds of the way).   On my list for tomorrow is "sort out the threads for casket".   I doubt this project will be a walk in the park :-)
My other three 'possible projects' are a small thimble holder - a Betsy Morgan design,


My Favourite Things Stitching Basket - an Ellen Chester design and

A Sampler Chatelaine - Historic Needlework Guild (yes I have had this chart a looong time!).  

I plan on doing all of these projects but am trying to decide which to do first as I am little tired of plain cross stitch.  Now back to stitching.

7 comments:

Teresa S. said...

I love all the projects you have picked out! I have Betsy's thimble chart. Where did you get the casket? Is it Sudberry's?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So many different projects to choose from! I followed the link for the casket, it looks lovely. Just your sort of project. I am looking forward to seeing you stitch and make this one.

cucki said...

I love all the projects you have picked out! I love Betsy's thimble chart.
And the casket is so wonderful
Great projects my dear xx

Maggie said...

You have so many lovely things lined up to do, I love the casket, it will look amazing finished.

Have fun!

KimM said...

Oh my - what wonderful projects! Your stitching is so lovely.
Hugs
xxx

Pamela said...

Our tastes in types projects are similar. I don't know which I'd choose to do first - I'd probrably start them all! Great photo of your mom at the park

Shebafudge said...

That is a really scary photo of your HDQ3BEM. I scrolled down to it and thought you had a photo of my nana on your blog. It's strange as I have never noticed the similarity before.