Tuesday 28 October 2014

The Big Six Oh

Today is the day!   The List is not complete but too late -  the time has come.
Haven't the intervening years changed both the HD3QBEM and me?
We went out today looking unsuccessfully in antique shops for a suitable gift and finishing up at Zealong for High Tea.   A great day, despite the dismal weather,  as shown in this selfie.
And just in case Little Sister (currently in Los Angeles) is reading this -  the HD3QBEM did manage to hide your present successfully until the day!   Thank you very much.
Tonight I intend to complete the Welsh Dragon and St George's Cross on my UK piece and so hopefully to have stitching progress to show on my next update.

16 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Many happy returns Margaret.

cucki said...

happy happy day hugs dear friend x

Joanne O'H said...

Happy Birthday Margaret.

Pamela said...

Great photos! Happy Birthday!

Anna van Schurman said...

Happy birthday! Great job on the list.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry the weather was so dismal during your traveling

Ann said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! And many more!

Gillie said...

Happy Birthday, dear Margaret! And many happy returns! What was the well-hidden gift, being nosy!

valerie said...

Happy Happy Birthday Margaret! Shopping and tea sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate. Hope you had a great day!

Ruth said...

Many happy returns of the day! May it be all fun and stitching joy (without a single frogging episode).

Highlandhearts said...

Congratulations Margaret and Happy Birthday! X

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday Margaret. Wishing you good health and lots of good stitching time.

Wendy said...

Happy birthday Margaret! You did a great job on your list and have got me thinking I should start a 40 before 40 list... It's a good job that your list didn't include "get a parcel from England" as I STILL haven't got round to sorting yours out. I will though, I promise.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Margaret! I hope you had a wonderful day! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Birthday! Like Wendy, you have got me thinking about my next big Birthday in two years time. I must make a list too. I hope you have a lovely year and finish your list.

Shebafudge said...

Happy (very belated) birthday. I hope you had a wonderful time. You are looking great for 60!! xx