Wednesday 29 October 2014

Leeks, roses and harps of Erin

Today, in between home duties and a "warrant of fitness" at the doctor, I have stitched diligently on my UK piece but Scotland has stubbornly refused to be conquered!
I am so pleased with this which is destined to become the cover for an accordion book in which I will hopefully record my travels when I fulfill my life long dream of visiting the land of my forefathers.
And now I am weary and my eyes are a little sore so I shall go to bed.   We have had heavy rain, thunder and lightning today and it is still blowing a gale outdoors so we could have a disturbed night.

9 comments:

Pamela said...

Nice progress on this project and great news from the doctor!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Looking good you are making great progress--

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm enjoying watching this grow. Hope your storm didn't keep you awake.

cucki said...

looking so lovely my dear x

Hazel said...

It is looking lovely. Great progress. x

KimM said...

This is so pretty. Take care -
xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a lovely design. Is a visit on your 65 before 65 list? Let me know when you come, it would be so much fun to meet up!

Queeniepatch said...

Scotland will emerge in time! It is a lovely piece of cross stitch.

Anna van Schurman said...

Scotland does have a stubborn streak! :)