Monday 28 January 2013

An almost finish

Today has been a public holiday here in Auckland and we have enjoyed beautiful hot weather.  I love days like this - my to do list is always long.  Did you hear the satisfied "mmm" as I crossed off each item?
Garden weeded - yes!
This week's meals cooked - yes!
All  net curtains washed -  yes!
Ironing done -  yes!
Finished my book - yes!
And of course some stitching got done too.  This is the almost finished piece.   My niece Heidi brought me these two lace elephants from India last year.   A couple of rows of drawn thread hem stitching + a struvdor on the flap = a handkerchief sachet.   This is still only pinned and tacked but hopefully the seams will be stitched and the lining inserted this week so I can call this complete too.
Oh well, back to work tomorrow....




7 comments:

cucki said...

so beautiful..well done x

Chris said...

That is gorgeous! You do beautiful work.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Great way to show off the elephants. CJ in OK

Pamela said...

I love it! I agree with Chris -- you do beautiful work.

Karoline said...

It's beautiful, what a great way to use the elephants

Nicola said...

Beautiful Margaret.

Karen said...

Ohhhhh pretty! I love the little elephants. And the Struvor stitching looks beautiful. The little details add so much to it!