Thursday 15 November 2012

Knitting not stitching

For someone who prefers to have only one project in action at any one time, I have certainly strayed.  
The blackwork etui idea didn't really work out so I finished that piece as a mattress pin cushion.   No particular purpose or destination in mind, I just wanted a finish.

I unpicked the blue cotton top I had knitted up last summer as I intend to undo it, wash the yarn and re knit it two sizes smaller and then it should fit.  (One of the dangers of weight loss!)

I started this summer top and so far so good.   It is knitted all in one piece  so I am following the instructions very carefully and praying all the while that everything will work out.

Everything else that is just started, almost finished or only half done has been put in a big box until my enthusiasm returns.   I still have bad earache, a totally blocked right ear and a sore lumpy throat but my doctor says that sometimes these residual symptoms can take a while to dissipate and  to come back and see her after FOUR weeks if I don't feel better!!
But it is Embroiderers Guild on Saturday and so tonight I will kit up a small Christmas Ornament from this years JCS Ornament edition.  Photos later I promise.
I'm off to do the dinner dishes and then watch Downton Abbey.  

10 comments:

cucki said...

Very sweet finish and cute knitting ..I love the yarn so much
Big hugs xxx

Ann at Beadlework. said...

You have a lot of patience Margaret, unravelling knitting and washing the wool to knit it up again. Hopefully it won't take four weeks for you to feel much better, I know that the virus that we've had is one that lingers too.

Nicola said...

Irrespective of what you originally intended the blackwork still looks good as a mattress pin cushion.

Downton has finished in the UK but there will be a Christmas Special, can't wait, the third series has been the best yet.

Sorry to hear that you are not fully recovered.

Smily-Света said...

Very interesting finish! I'm also a fun of Downton

Pamela said...

Sorry to hear you are not yet feeling good as new. The blackwork pin cushion turned out very nice. I miss having guild meetings to go to, so I'll look forward to reading about yours.

Anonymous said...

Nice pincushion :-)

Krista said...

Pretty knitting and blackwork :) lately the blackwork technique is fascinating to me.. I think there will be a project to do soon! Have a great day!

Chris said...

I hope that you are feeling better soon!
I love the little blackwork piece and the knitting looks great!

Denise said...

Love your knitting - I never could seem to get the knack!
I do hope your ear is clearing up and feeling better. I have had that
and sure understand!
Take care....

Denise said...

Love your knitting - I never could seem to get the knack!
I do hope your ear is clearing up and feeling better. I have had that
and sure understand!
Take care....