Saturday 10 July 2010

Framing is done

Today I made the trip to Hamilton to collect my three pieces of framing.   Now they are home and hanging on the wall - I just need the adoring crowds to tell me how wonderful they are!
First  -  An Emblem of Love which was an RR moderated by the inimitable Edgar.  You can see pictures of the others here. This is a photograph in situ - and on an angle as my passage is to narrow to allow a front on shot.

Next - Quaker Row which I chose to do because of the Squirrel.   I was rather pleased with the frame for this one and you can double click to see that close up.

And finally the ABCeDaire which was an SAL many eons ago and which I only managed to finish off this year.   But it does look just as I wanted it and I super pleased with this frame as the DMC threads I chose were not a "normal colour".

Now I have made a firm vow - no more pieces that need to be framed.   This house could turn into a mini Art Gallery otherwise.   

Have a good evening everyone.

13 comments:

Niina said...

They all look stunning! My favourite is propably beautifull ABCKeDaire wich I have seen at other blogs too :)

Karen said...

They are all beautiful! I love all of the frames you chose. :)

Phyllis said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing your pictures.

Erica said...

Oh! They are gorgeous!
Doesn't it feel wonderful to finally get them framed!

Hillery said...

Wow, these are lovely. And to get 3 at once. Congratulations.

Melissa said...

The framed pieces are just gorgeous, Margaret! Congratulations!

A firm vow, you say? I know about those - it's hard to keep when you stitch yet another wonderful piece!

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Stunning and beautiful!
The first one especially is sooooo pretty. The framing is perfect too!

Jennifer

valerie said...

Beautiful framing Margaret!! I am in love with your ABC piece...the colors are beautiful. How great that you went with the "unusual" color scheme. :)

Anonymous said...

Your framed pieces are just beautiful Margaret, I especially like An Emblem of Love, the thread is gorgeous. I have just started the Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler and soon to start the Hannah Gilpin 1800 sampler. Your blog is wonderful. Kindest regards, Ann ~ Australia.

Denise said...

Don't worry, the compliments will
come pouring in on these three!
You did a magnificent job and the
framing is lovely. I know you love
seeing them all on the wall.

Tatkis said...

Wow, your works are wonderful! And all perfectly framed!
Great work!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Dovilė said...

looks gorgeous:)

Lisa V said...

Beautiful finishes Margaret!
LISA V