Sunday 13 December 2009

Oh woe is me - I am the Queen of Reverse stitching!


I had almost completed my section of Suzanne's piece in the Emblem of Love RR when I noticed that I was two threads out! Oh dear. I had to call on all my patience and reverse stitch the whole section - cross by little cross. And then start all over again. But this time all is correctly lined up and your piece is not ruined Suzanne :-) The small branch of three hanging 'flowers' and the incomplete motif on the top right are the progress so far.
Last night Judge John Deed was on TV and I admit to being thoroughly distracted from my stitching by the convoluted plot and the intricate conspiracies. And he's not such a bad looker either! Tonight 'The 39 Steps' is on and for nostalgia's sake I will watch it. The book was a set text during my first year at High School - over 30 years ago. Shall we see if the impression made on me then means I will remember the plot now??
Have a great evening everyone.

2 comments:

Siobhán said...

Lovely stitching! Sorry about the reverse stitching--that's the worst, isn't it!? The end result is worth all the trouble, though. :)

Melissa said...

That's the first time I've heard of "reverse stitching". I've done it too but never actually put a name to it! It's frustrating when that happens.

It is looking lovely though! Love the colours.