Saturday 13 June 2009

A new start

The basket band is started. A whole four and a half inches are done - with 22 and a half inches to do this is going to take a while! But it has to be finished by mid August so I labour on! The colours are beautiful and I'm enjoying the delicate variation -especially in the lighter green thread which is called Avocado. Today I got some green cotton fabric for the basket lining.

I'm stitching in one thread of floss over one thread of 28 count cashel linen - the threads are GAST, those specified in the chart "How Doth The Busy Bee" by Thistle Threads. Suzanne kindly loaned me the chart - thanks Suzanne.

4 comments:

Nima said...

wow...that looks pretty

CJ in OK ;-) said...

It's beautiful,with such detail, then I read one over one, no wonder. Amazing work, CJ ok;-)

Melissa said...

Well, Nima took my exact words! Wow, it is VERY pretty.

Anonymous said...

This is really, really pretty. I would love to see the colors in person, but I've also got an inkling (having done flowering vines similar to that before) about how much work is going into those leaves and blossoms. Kudos for sticking with it!