Thursday 9 October 2008

The repair bear bag

And the last of my bears!!
This bag came from a pattern in Issue #30 of the Australian Inspiration magazine some years ago. It must be ages ago as their web site now describes it as "a rare issue" . Anyway the pouch is made of doctors flannel and is appliqued both sides. Originally I made this to give one of my nieces as a sewing kit gift but once made I couldn't part with it!!!

One side is Unhappy bear and the other side is Smiley bear. I was supposed to cut the tummy of Unhappy and stitch him up = the repair part of the title but I was unwilling to touch the velour after the effort to make the teddy and put him on so he remains Unhappy for no clearly visible reason. In the display cabinet Smiley faces out of course!

1 comment:

Carol R said...

This is adorable Margaret.
Have a great holiday!