Tuesday 28 October 2008

I'm back and here's the report

Two weeks holiday was blissful - the three day two night coastal walk was truly wonderful. Along the golden beaches, across the shallow (or not so shallow!) estuaries, over the swing bridge (and swing it did!) up and over the small hills (at last the final lookout) and all along the way wonderful scenery.

It is still too cold for swimming - but the seals and penguins don't seem to know that! We trampers enjoyed hot showers and roaring log fires at the lodges each night but on generator power (= dim lighting) and being tired after a days tramping (= tired eyes) I didn't get any stitching done en route :-(
However just prior to this walk I managed to finish the Susanne Sampler so it is now ironed and rolled up awaiting a trip to the framers. This is my first such spot sampler and I am very pleased with the way it has turned out.

Also I see that my Mattress Pincushion for the HOE Exchange has arrived safely so here's a picture of what I sent. Marion, I am pleased you like the handcream - it was specially formulated by the local needlework store to be sure it is suitable for embroiderers!

4 comments:

staci said...

Terrific photos! Looks like you had a great time and plenty of adventures :)

Your spot sampler is gorgeous! And I really love that mattress pincushion!!!

Carol R said...

Wonderful holiday pictures - thanks for sharing.

Beautiful Spot Sampler - I love monochromatic work!

Yuko said...

Welcome back Margaret!
Wonderful pictures and I love your mattress pincushion!
It's so lovely and neat.

Lynn B said...

Nice to see you back! You look like you have had a lovely time.