Thursday 18 September 2008

Update on Santa

Last night as all the current exchanges were under control, Santa surfaced again at my house and you can see that he now has some grass, sand and even a little water near his feet. There isn't a lot of cross stitching left but then the dreaded backstitching! I have the backing fabric and all the other ingredients ready for construction into the Christmas Stocking which is his destiny! The fabric is actually stark white so as you can see this wasn't shot under the best lighting - actually quite late at night. I have a head full of plans on what I want to do next but my conscience says that the Queen's Sweet Bag should come back as in January I promised to finish it this year and there aren't many weeks left :-)
This morning there was a beautiful rainbow - so surely our wet winter is past. I couldn't help thinking that I shouldn't complain as there are places far worse off than Auckland!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your santa in the sun is looking great well done and what a gorgoeus rainbow.. i cant wait to see what santa looks like all finished and made up..

Olga said...

What a cute Santa! I have never seen such Santa's before. Great stitching too.