Wednesday 30 January 2008

The 21st present


Isn't it strange what can tickle your fancy? I have always loved perpetual calendars ever since my uncle brought back a brass one from Kashmir when I was only about 6! Many years later in this book I found a cross stitch version and promised myself to do it one day. Well 'one day' has come. My youngest nephew (he doesn't read my blog so I'm safe) is turning 21 this year and what better way to celebrate this milestone than a perpetual calendar. I changed all the years around to make it run for 100 years from his birth year - which should probably be quite sufficient as we aren't a family known for longevity. Now I have to get it framed and because of the size that will sure cost. Besides that I have no idea of what sort of frame I'd like. Any suggestions?












No comments: